If you want rock solid abdominals then you should be all about the Plank.
As far as exercises go, you get the best bang for your ab-rocking buck with planks because it is considered an exercise that engages multiple muscles.
7 reasons to get excited about doing planks
- For being a basic isometric exercise, planks strengthen your entire body—they make your core pop, strengthen your lower back, and build your shoulders.
- The longer you can hold the plank, the more resilient your lower back will be to injury.
- Planking exercises have a great impact and improvement on your posture.
- You’ll decrease your risk of injury in the back and spinal column.
- You’ll improve your overall balance.
- Planks require a small time investment on your part, and offer the chance to achieve substantial results in a relatively short span of time.
- Best perk of all...you don’t need any equipment.
Ask your P/oP instructor for their recommendations and tips for conquering the plank.
You’ll be better for it, guaranteed.