SIGN UP NOW for
Pre-Holiday “Kick It Into Gear”
Sheri Long Mat Class
Sunday, December 9, 2018
9:00 am to 10:15 with a 15 minute Q & A following
~this class open to the public
RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Pointers that will help you get what you need in terms of hydration.
1. About 1 hour before working out, drink 8 ounces of water to help ensure you’re starting off hydrated.
2. Add a low-calorie electrolyte tablet to your water pre-workout and drink during the workout. This will help you maintain adequate hydration and replace what you loose through swear.
3. Remember to rehydrate post-workout. Aim for 6-8 ounces.
Share you hydration tips in our comments section below.
The practice of Pilates may date back all the way to the early 1900’s, but the benefits of its practice are far from outdated.
Pilates builds core strength, increases flexibility and improves muscular balance and endurance.
Consistency is key for seeing results from Pilates, so add a class or two to your schedule this week! You’ll soon start feeling a much more strong and balanced core, which will only enhance your performance in other areas as well.
We look forward to seeing you at P/oP!
Intro Offer: 3 private, 55-minute introductory sessions: $180
This set of 3 classes is an introduction to the art of Pilates and is open to first-time clients. Build core strength and learn the beginning moves you'll need to master this timeless exercise. Inquire on instructor availability.
Join Samantha every Monday evening at 6pm & 7pm & Wednesday at 6pm for a group reformer class. Text (213) 222-6199 to reserve a spot.
Join Amelia every Thursday evenings at 6pm & 7pm for a group reformer class. Text (203) 627-6687 to reserve a spot .
WHY: Shakespeare knew what was up when he wrote, “Rosemary, that’s for remembrance.”
The herbal essential oil stimulates the brain and keeps you on the ball.
HOW: Plugging away at your keyboard?
Block out office distractions by popping an aromatherapy diffuser into your computer and add a few drops of essential Rosemary oil.
"If your spine is inflexibly stiff at 30, you are old. IF it is completely flexible at 60, you are young."
~ Joseph Pilates
Join Amelia for a Chair Class on Saturday mornings at 10:30am. Text (203) 627-6687 to reserve a spot . Chair Class: $25
Sculpt, Tone and Balance Class: $20
The secret to refreshing sleep is to wake up naturally after a sustained period of REM. There is wisdom in the old saying that ‘one hour’s sleep before midnight is worth two after.’
We spend about a third of our lives in sleep. Sleep is important on so many levels.
As Leonardo da Vinci said, “…a well-spent day brings happy sleep.”
If only we could sleep like a baby
and get some solid restful sleep.
Short-term insomnia, which is the commonest type of insomnia afflicts as many as one in three people, can be caused by a stressful life event, a poor sleeping environment, and an irregular routine.
Try these 7 simple steps to better sleep:
1. Set up a strict routine involving regular and adequate sleeping times.
2. Devise a relaxing bedtime routine that helps you to wind down before bedtime.
3. Eat a wholesome evening meal with a good balance of protein and complex carbohydrates.
4. Enjoy a hot, non-caffeinated drink such as herbal tea or hot chocolate before going to sleep. In time, your hot drink could serve as a sleeping cue.
5. Sleep in a familiar, dark, and quiet room that is adequately ventilated and neither too hot nor too cold.
6. Exercise regularly. Exercise reduces arousal and anxiety and also helps with other aspects of psychological and physical health.
7. Reduce your overall stress. At the same time, try to do something fulfilling each day.